What’s all the Buzz about Apple Classroom?
In the latest iOS update, Apple rolled out Apple Classroom? What is Apple Classroom and how does it work? Apple classroom is a game changer because it gives teachers the power to manage student iPads from the teacher device. Teachers have the power to
- open apps on all devices
- lock all devices into an app
- lock all screens
- send all students to a website
- send individual messages to students
- group students and manage each group of iPads separately
- see a thumbnail of every student screen
- AirPlay student devices
- broadcast one student screen to everyone
In order to use Apple Classroom, student and teacher devices need to be iPad 3, running 9.3.1 or newer and teacher rosters must be uploaded into our Mobile Device Management (MDM) system. We have 25 iPad Academy classrooms using the classroom app this fall. Curious about how Apple Classroom works? Talk to your Building Tech Coordinator to find out who is using it and schedule a visit. To read more about the Classroom App, see this article from Apple.
Written by Ann Feldmann