Here is the third installment in a blog series by the #tt4t team designed to help you become more efficient as you work using your Mac and/or Google Apps for Ed. Many of the shortcuts being shared are ones that we are consistently using that help us increase productivity. If you haven’t done so already, check out our first and second set of shortcuts blogs for Apple and Google.
- Command A – Select All
- Command C – Copy Selection
- Command X – Cut Selection
- Command V – Paste Selection
- Command F – Find
- Command Z – Undo
- Command Shift Z – Redo
- Option Command ESC – Force Quit
Google Docs Shortcuts
- Command Shift L – Left Alignment
- Command Shift E – Center Alignment
- Command Shift R – Right Alignment
- Command Shift Y – Get Definition of Selected Word and/or Research
- Command Shift C – Word Count
Google Docs Tip
Want multiple people working on one Doc without creating confusion? Use the Tables Feature to organize multiple collaborators on a Doc. This allows each person working on a Doc to have their own space and area to work without impacting other contributors.
Right Side Chat
In order to place the Gmail Chat on the right-side of the your inbox you will need to complete the following steps: Go to the Gear , go to Settings, click on Labs, and scroll down to find Right-side chat, and click Enable.
Written by Jeffrey Bernadt (@jeffreybernadt), Jeanette Carlson (@mrsjcarlson), and Ann Feldmann (@annfeldmann1)